Employer: M-Changa Project
Start Date: 23th June 2016
Location: Different Counties
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes.
It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioral economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
About the project: Busara is working with a financial institution to understand and solve challenges faced by drawing from our extensive knowledge on behavioral insights and impact evaluation.
Data collection will be in done in Nairobi, Kikuyu and Machakos.
Description of Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
General Field Officer Duties
- Prompt arrival at work.
- Administer household surveys
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner.
- Successfully working in a team.
- Organizing data collected from the field.
- On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (such as matching IDs, translation of work, photocopying, etc.)
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Providing the Project Lead with daily feedback regarding surveying activities.
- Should be a Diploma or Degree holder in social sciences
- A Kenyan citizen residing in either of the following counties Nairobi, Machakos and Kiambu.
- Should be very fluent in the local language
- Should be computer literate
- Should have experience in data collection in the field
- Should have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, Past experience in data collection- show proof of this in application
- Experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and ensure that the subject line reads: “Name of County”: REF NO: BU-2016-06-09”.
Deadline to Apply: 16th June 2016
Only online applications shall be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.